As the melt in the middle chocolate chip cookies were such a hit, we’ve decided to continue the chocolate theme with Dark Chocolate and Cherry Brownies. They’re super simple to make and taste great.
Try out the recipe and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below – you can also receive email updates for new recipes by following the blog using the sidebar to the right.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 10 – 15 brownies
Equipment that you’ll need:
20cm x 30cm baking tray
150g of plain or dark chocolate
250g unsalted butter
4 large eggs
160g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
200g fresh or tinned cherries
350g light brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line your baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the Butter, Sugar and Chocolate in to your saucepan and gently heat, stirring with your wooden spoon. Remove from the heat when the mixture is melted and silky smooth.
- Stir in your eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully combined with the chocolatey mixture. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold it in.
- Chop up half of the cherries in to a mush, making to remove any stones, and add it to the brownie mix – this will help your brownies be uber sticky and gooey. Add half of the remaining cherries (removing the stones again) to the mixture, either halved or whole.
- Give the mixture a good mix before pouring in to the baking tray. Scatter over any remaining cherries.
- Place in the middle of your oven for around 20 minutes, but give them a little longer if they’re still a bit too squidgy for your liking.
Leave the brownies in the tray to cool a little before slicing in to generous rectangles. Enjoy them cold or warm with vanilla ice cream!
If you like this recipe, please make sure to leave a comment below or head to our Facebook page.
This recipe has the following allergens; Wheat, Gluten, Milk, Eggs and may contain traces of nuts. Refer to the ingredients list of individual products for more information.